Re: Possible <where> bug

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 04/30/96

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Lord of Darkness wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
>

> > Can you consistently reproduce the bug, or perhaps provide a core dump?
>
> I can reproduce it on call. One example is "black", we have so many objs that
> are either black or have an alias for black that when we type WHERE BLACK
> it gives you a super long list of the "black" EQ and then spams you off.
> Does it everytime, with out a doubt, on every word that refers to many
> objs and/or mobs.  However we have not experienced a crash from this as
> they have.

You can fix that by sending all where output to a big buf variable and
then using page_string to send it through the pager.  Some other
functions that need to use the pager (off the top of my head, and this is
based on pl8 code) are the immortal where with no arguments, the who
command, show zones, look_at_char, etc.  I've seen people leave a whole
buncha pets and small objects in the temple to spam people off, so paging
the character and object lists is probably a good idea too.

Sam