Re: CircleMUD installation in LINUX part II.

From: Pedro Saputo (se04417@els.url.es)
Date: 04/30/96

>make ../bin/circle
>make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bubonic/circle/src'
>gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
>In file included from sysdep.h:37,
>                 from comm.c:14:
>/usr/include/stdio.h:71: warning: empty declaration
>In file included from /usr/include/linux/types.h:32,
>                 from /usr/include/sys/time.h:5,
>                 from /usr/include/sys/resource.h:9,
>                 from comm.c:22:
>/usr/include/asm/types.h:29: warning: empty declaration
>comm.c:112: virtual memory exhausted
>make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bubonic/circle/src'
>make: *** [default]
>Error 2

Ive got this problem too are you runnig in a machine that has all the
libraries of Linux i think no because of my proble was this same problem
as you an i just compiled it in other machine that has all the libraries
an then run it in the first on it works :-)

>That's it...I think I understand the virtual memory error...I'm assuming
>that that just means that I ran out of RAM, so I just need to quit a few
>applications that are running simulataneously.  However, its the first
>errors that I'm confused about that don't seem to make much sense.
>
>I also got the following error another time that it ran:
>
>comm.c: In function 'main':
>comm.c:216: virtual memory exhausted
>
>Again, if anyone could help me or make a suggestion as to what I need to
>do...It doesn't seem as though installing this on Linux slackware 3.0
>should be this difficult as I have seen from many people that it was
>in fact quite simple...it just doesn't seem to be working.

it probably be solved in the same way try it

Viceng Ila Juarez
Implementor of DifferentMud
se04417@castor.url.es