CircleMUD installation in LINUX part II.

BUBONIC@CERES.BSUVC.BSU.EDU
Date: 04/30/96

Thank-you very much for the replies to my first post...I think that I have
gotten closer to getting CircleMUD installed.  I installed all of the
kernel source disks from disk set K, except for disk 4, which seemed to
be only for drivers.  I now am getting a completely different set of
error messages than I received the first time.  The following are the
error messages I now get.  Note:  I did to a ./configure already after
adding the disk sets so that can't be my prolem.

make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bubonic/circle/src'
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
In file included from sysdep.h:37,
                 from comm.c:14:
/usr/include/stdio.h:71: warning: empty declaration
In file included from /usr/include/linux/types.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/sys/time.h:5,
                 from /usr/include/sys/resource.h:9,
                 from comm.c:22:
/usr/include/asm/types.h:29: warning: empty declaration
comm.c:112: virtual memory exhausted
make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bubonic/circle/src'
make: *** [default]
Error 2

That's it...I think I understand the virtual memory error...I'm assuming
that that just means that I ran out of RAM, so I just need to quit a few
applications that are running simulataneously.  However, its the first
errors that I'm confused about that don't seem to make much sense.

I also got the following error another time that it ran:

comm.c: In function 'main':
comm.c:216: virtual memory exhausted

Again, if anyone could help me or make a suggestion as to what I need to
do...It doesn't seem as though installing this on Linux slackware 3.0
should be this difficult as I have seen from many people that it was
in fact quite simple...it just doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks again,

Jeff Hanks
00jshanks@bsuvc.bsu.edu
bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu