Re: OLC -> specprocs?

From: Con (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 05/01/96

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Harvey Gilpin wrote:

> You have an array of spec_procs and you save the offset into that
> array in the mob/obj/wld files to show which thingy has which spec.
> I was going to do this with Oasis, but decided it make it too far
> removed from standard Circle.  But I still intend to do it on my mud
> so that builders can assign certain specs via OLC.  Fool as cuck.

Well, how about adding 'hidden support' for it :)
Just make a DEFINE in the olc.h file that toggles it, which is OFF in the
distribution (I know it's dirty.. but :)
Then if the stuff is set to yous you can have some hardcore stuff in the
OLC, but just make sure you wont support it :)

Anyway, my idea would be to make up some wierd way of assignign an array
of strings, which could somehow explain the spec_proc's actual meaning,
thus beeign able to list ALL spec_procs and a description, making it dead
easy to use in the OLC.. (just a pain to code.. *grin*).
It seems to me there is no easy way to do this, but to come up with some
fancy idea how to link a char * description to every spec_proc, but some
time before the actual compilation.

Well, don't bother doing it.. sounds impossible any way :P

Oh yeah, btw.
Do you expect to send out an update of the OLC including some of the
fixes I posted to you, and/or what plans do you have with the olc in
regards to the 'public' ?

Regards,
Con.

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*   Mailto: rr@cbs.dk        *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *