OLCs in general...

From: JRhone (ujtr@lady.cs.sunyit.edu)
Date: 05/01/96

> >I was wondering if the diverse olcs had support for spec_procs yet,
> >because if they didn't I might have something nice...
>
> >Basically, it allows you to give protos a specproc from in the
> >mob/obj/wld files.

nod, our olc has this, though its not oasis or sam's, it's my own little
pet project... basically for what yer sayin, i just added a spc_ bitvector
to npc_specials so builders can flag a mob with any number or combination
of spec_procs...though im up to 29 so ill prolly have to add another bitv

on that note, one of the other things ive added to our olc, which be RoAOLC
(:P original eh?) is mobprocs _creatable_ online, not just assignable..
for instance you can build a mobproc online and have two mobs chat with
each other, or have a guard walk around to different posts, or basically,
they can do anything, the mobproc can be like max_string_length or around
there, it opens up a ton of possibilities,
and along with that i have olcable mob reactors, which allow builders to
assign mobs reactions to commands that players type in, be they in the
command list or not (just string match on command entered)
also got a slew of other online stuff with this olc, like olcable mob
randoms like a babbling mob you can just make him do stuff at random

whats really kewl is combining the mobprocs with reactors, like have a
player trigger the beginning of a mobproc, or end one in progress
im gonna expand that over the summer(when finals are over and such)
to add a whole bunch of predefined commands specifically for mobprocs

and as long as im blabbin about our olc, ill mention ive added olhc and
olsc, which is online help file creation and online social creation,
allowing help files and socials to be created/editted online on the fly
and immediately available for use, saves me a *ton* of time instead of
having to incorporate help file and social file updates offline ( i like
to code, but i dont like to cut and paste helps and socials :P )

basically RoAOLC now at version 2.0 has a tons of stuff i havent seen
before along with everything i have seen before, cause if i see something
i like about other olcs, i add it :)

what im gettin at is perhaps trying to encapsulate all this stuff into a
complete olc package? then possibly making it publically available..?
it's all menu driven of course with multiple levels of submenus making it
real easy to use, and even though ive bumped it to version 2.0, im
constantly making improvements and additions to it as well as
streamlining it and making it as efficient as possible...

itd be a major project because its so completely incorporated into the
mud right now, mostly because i never considered making it a seperate
package or whatnot...

well, get ahold of me if yer interested, but be warned, this is certainly
nothing that can be added easily by someone new to C and/or circle code

maybe stop by the mud and ill throw up an ambassador account with privs and
let some of you gurus take a gander at it and maybe suggest improvements
or whatever, i wanna hear feedback from some of the other OLC creators
scattered around the net, so i can make RoAOLC as robust as possible...

so, if yer involved in producing or doing major updates to an existing
OLC, i'd like for ya to stop our mud and take a gander at this one so i
can hear yer questions/comments/concerns/flames... note: i expect flames
anyways, on this list, it's a given :P

Realms of Aurealis
roa.sunyit.edu 4000

and look for Vall, im usually on in the evening est

ok enough blabbing
l8r

<all flames email only, save bandwidth :P>