Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 05/08/96

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> Is there any support for this idea?

Hmm, sounds like a good idea.  It should cut down on all the flames by
people who have half a clue and want to lord it over those with no clue,
as well as those puritens that feel it necisarry to defend the clueless.

I think a good 50% of the list posts are from people in one of those two
factions, with only about 10% or so from the truly clueless.  It seems to
me that the few people that really belong on an advanced list rarely or
never post, they usually have their own ideas on how to do things, or
get in a bind and would rather spend all night figuring it out than posting
and waiting for a reply :-)  Hrm, why doesnt someone put up a coders mud
where we can just telnet in and find an experienced person or group of
them waiting to answer questions and kick around idea on the spot?

-Sky