Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: The Arrow (pt94jpi@pt.hk-r.se)
Date: 05/09/96

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Skylar wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
>
> > Is there any support for this idea?
>
> Hmm, sounds like a good idea.  It should cut down on all the flames by
> people who have half a clue and want to lord it over those with no clue,
> as well as those puritens that feel it necisarry to defend the clueless.
>
> I think a good 50% of the list posts are from people in one of those two
> factions, with only about 10% or so from the truly clueless.  It seems to
> me that the few people that really belong on an advanced list rarely or
> never post, they usually have their own ideas on how to do things, or
> get in a bind and would rather spend all night figuring it out than posting
> and waiting for a reply :-)  Hrm, why doesnt someone put up a coders mud
> where we can just telnet in and find an experienced person or group of
> them waiting to answer questions and kick around idea on the spot?
>

> -Sky

I have been looking a little on (I hope you forgive me :) LPMuds.
There is an orginization called 'The Center for Imaginary Enviroment'
that acts as a hub for different LPMuds. They have a www/ftp site with
sources to all kinds of drivers and mudlibs. They also hosts some muds,
one of them called 'The Idea Exchange', which is a mud run in the purpose
to give LPMuds admins and wizards a place where they could log in and ask
questions about/discuss things about (guess what... :) LPMuds.
It is not restricted just to 'coding' (low level mudlib coding) but also
building.
If someone has the time (and resources) to put up such a mud, I think it
would be greatly appreciated, both by "experienced" people (like me *hum*
:) and newbie coders.

Well, just my small thoughts...

/ Joachim

  The Arrow              Moses@PTMUD   sargasso.fukt.hk-r.se 4000