Re: HARD&OFFTOPIC: Setting up Linux for you mudding purposes

From: Leeman Strout (leeman@redrose.net)
Date: 06/11/96

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Billy H. Chan wrote:

> If you just lost your test site, and is willing to wander into the realms
> of linux, the best distribution is Slackware.  3.0 I think is the latest,
> though the wizards at cdrom.com might have updated it.  1.2.18 is the last
I just installed the bleeding edge in Linux.. 2.0 *was* released, just a
tad hard to find.  BUT! it's fast... never had Linux boot that fast, and
it's very nice.  Of course, if you upgrade the kernel, you have to
upgrade libc, libg++, ppp, and so on.. but I think it was worth it  =)

> stable, 1.3.20 is the experimental one that I'm currently using.  Circle
> seems to love linux, haven't had problems (except with opening a file twice,
> which bombed in linux, but worked in sun4)

Just thought all you linux people would like to know... great web page on
the whole thing at:  http://www.cviog.uga.edu/LinuxBleed.html

Leeman
leeman@redrose.net