Re: Mailing List Rules

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 06/27/96

> > A moderator scores high on the list (no pun intended)
Problem with this is the times that posts go through...

> I haven't seen any mention of a faq for this mailing list, if there truly
> isn't one, we definately need to get one together...  I have seen several
> people who have mentioned compiling circle-related faqs.
Well, since I currently look after the official CircleMUD FAQ, I wouldn't
be adverse at all to looking after the mailing list FAQ... suggest some
rules to me, I can put it on a website easily, and I have access to put
stuff on the ftp site easily too...

So, if you think of some rules, send them to me, and I'll start compiling
them into a FAQ/rulelist... which we can then put into the new user thing
(hopefully)... otherwise, we can just send it out every Friday or
something...

Basic Rules
> - This list exists for the discussion of the coding and implementation of
>   a circle-mud based mud
All types of implementation, including areas, data files, etc.

> - This list is maintained on a volunteer basis, and is unmoderated.

> - Posts to this mailing list must pertain to circlemud in general.

> - Topics which are generally acceptable to the list include: discussion of
>   new features to be added to a muds, information and questions related to
>   coding a Circle mud, questions pertaining to the administration of a
>   Circle mud, information and help to those who are having problems with
>   their Circle based mud.

> - Topics which are OFF-TOPIC to the mailing list, and are not welcome:
>    - Advertisements for new muds- this is not the 'muds-announce'
>      mailing list.
>    - Commercial advertisements of any type.
>    - Coding questions which have nothing to do with Circlemud, and can
>      be answered in any beginning C textbook.
>
>   Beginning C questions can be answered in any number of books, including
>   'The C Programming Language' by Kernigham and Ritchie.

Shall we talk about putting headers in?  say for example:
CODE:
INFO: / ANNOUNCE:
LIB:

Further comments on this?