Re: LIST: Any change of a 'digest' mode for this list ?

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 06/27/96

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 ia_remko@cs.utwente.nl wrote:
> I have been on some mailing list for some time now, and all of them have the possibility to send one large mail per day, instead of hundreds of single ones each day, causing my and many other mailboxes to become a big mess.
> I don't know who's maintaining this one, but maybe it's an idea to change to this system ?

That's what procmail is for.  I'm on a *lot* of lists, and if I wouldn't
use procmail to sort it, it would be impossible to read it all.  This is
what a friend of mine tries to do (without procmail), but if he leaves
for the weekend, he'll have 300-400 messages from several ML's in a
mess.  Not good.

Maybe we should do what linux-kernel did?  Make a circle-offtopic list.

----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@winternet.com, jander@fix.bbs.no
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht