Re: Mailing List Rules

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 06/27/96

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Jack Wilson wrote:
> > Definitely.  I suspect a lot of the irritation that has come from imps
> > is the result of people asking questions that clearly indicate they
> > don't understand C.
> This is ridiculous (not flaming here, just commenting), this list is here
> for mud administrator (if I am wrong let me know), not just coders, that
> means that someone without any kind of C knowledge at all could post a
> question regarding obj, wld, shp, mob or zon files and would be
> completely ON-TOPIC (just as the earlier question about Elven Woods), I

I think you misunderstood him.  He meant people asking questions about C
and coding, without knowing anything about C.  Of course, this list is
also for lib questions.  No doubt about that.

> I agreee that coding is the best way to modify a Mud, but it should be
> noted that it is not the only way, and if this is a C-on-circlemud list
> only I'd like to know it.

Coding is the only way to modify it in any extensive way. :)

-----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@winternet.com, jander@fix.bbs.no
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht