OASIS OLC: errors/debugging etc...

From: Ground Zero Enterprises (zero@baker.cnw.com)
Date: 06/28/96

Has anyone attempted to go through oasisolc and debug it so it works stable?
I have been trying but basically every damn crash happens in
malloc_unlocked(), which unfortunately means absolutely nothing to me.
For example, the following core dump from a Bus Error was created after i
'zedit new 1' and then 'zedit save 1':

#0  0x62798 in malloc_unlocked ()
#1  0x623fc in malloc ()
#2  0xef6cc55c in _findbuf ()
#3  0xef6c99a8 in _doprnt_unlocked ()
#4  0xef6cbfb8 in _fprintf ()
#5  0x5f9f4 in zedit_save_to_disk (d=0x109140) at zedit.c:378
#6  0x48fc0 in do_olc (ch=0x109e18, argument=0x109140 "", cmd=317,
subcmd=2)
    at olc.c:176
#7  0x3e790 in command_interpreter (ch=0x109e18,
    argument=0xeffff6b8 "zedit save 1") at interpreter.c:658
#8  0x124f4 in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:615
#9  0x11af8 in init_game (port=4111) at comm.c:244
#10 0x11a7c in main (argc=4, argv=0xeffffd3c) at comm.c:214

What seems to be the offending line in zedit_save_to_disk is
'fprintf(zfile, buf);' where buf is the zone info from above for that zone.
I like Oasisolc and want to keep using it but i also want to figure out
how to fix the bugs.  Could someone tell me if they have fixed these and
how, or maybe just explain to me what is going on so i can fix the bugs
my self? (actually i would prefer the later, easier to learn when you do
it yourself :)

Thanks in advance VERY much,
Chris