Re: [Circle] WIN95: Autoequip

From: WarRat (
Date: 08/01/96

At 12:16 PM 7/30/96 +0100, you wrote:
>I am trying to adapt the autoeq code for Win95.  How is the ".patch"
>interpreted (it's obviously the output of the unix command "diff")?

It works perfectly with just have to do it manually.  The way I
put it in was to open 2 windows, 1 with the patch, 1 with the code and go
through it cutting and pasteing until done.

Just remember, (simple ones first) - means remove the line, + means add the
line, and ! means there is a change in the line so delete it and look for
the new one a little later in the patch (also marked with a !)

It's annoying and time consuming, but then so is writing it from scratch.

Also, don't remember if it actually said this, but this patch requires a
rent file wipe (in case this was going into an active mud)

>Alternatively, can someone send me the modified sources for objsave.c,
>act.wizard.c and structs.h?

Mine are heavily modified and would caused you more problems than manually
patching it.  But if you really want them, email me.

                            #  \O/
10,000 lemmings#    |
can't all be wrong#   / \
                            #  .. .
                            #  . . .
                            # #..# .

       Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
       against the stones.
                                  Psalms 137:9