Re: [Circle] [NEWBIE] Running Under Win95

From: Katzlberger Thomas (
Date: 08/20/96

You wrote:
> This has totally eluded can I run this under Win95, or
> does anyone suggest another platform?

Well circle is designed for UNIX platforms and Win95 is not UNIX
... though it is getting closer. Also it will not compile on a
C++ compiler where you can't switch off C++ competely as the
circle code uses some C++ keywords (like: class, new, ...)

For me the best choice is running it under

LINUX (free) or SunOS or ...
(though I use NeXTStep but had to port the code)

compile it with:

gcc (C/C++ reference compiler - not avail. for Win95 yet) (free)

and debug it with:

gdb (free)