Re: [Circle] Circle under Win95

From: Ian Stephenson (circle@gsymud.demon.co.uk)
Date: 08/27/96

In message <Pine.SOL.3.95.960826171921.12466B-100000@cspo.queensu.ca>,
Alex <fletcher@cspo.queensu.ca> writes
>CircleMUD 3.0 beta patch level 11
>
>        Compiling Circlemud under win95, directions in Readme.win.  I
>follow all directions, change conf.h.win to conf.h, rename makefile.win to
>makefile, and make all needed changes in makefile, and i am using MSVC++
>4.0.
>        But after making changes in makefile, the readme says to, in the src
>dir, type NMAKE, wich is supossed to invoke microsoft's make, but when i
>type in NMAKE i just get: bad command or file name.
>        I am missing something and i do not have any idea what.
You don't need NMAKE (sorry Jeremy!).

Just open makefile as a "makefile" (ie: override the "Auto" and select
"makefile" in the drop-down box on the "open file" screen).  Select
"build" from the compile menu, and follow the prompts.  When it asks for
a project name, overwrite the default with "Circle".

Et voila....after possibly one warning (which is easily overcome by
editing comm.c), you should get a fully compiled Circle.exe.

If you get any other errors, check that "c:\msdev\bin\vcvars32" exists
in your Autoexec.bat.  This file sets up your environment variables
which are necessary.

Regards,
Ian Stephenson