Re: [Code] Still, the problem remains...

From: Argus (Argus@argy.com)
Date: 09/19/96

> OK, I tracked the problem down to something I "know" should work.  It
> seems that when you add on to an array of character strings, CircleMUD
> crashes & burns...  For example:
>
> char *potion_names[] = {
>         "milky white",
>         "bubbling white",
>         "glowing ivory",
>         "glowing blue",
>         "bubbling yellow",
>         "light green",
>         "gritty brown",
>         "blood red",
>         "swirling purple",
>         "flickering green",
>         "cloudy blue",
>         "glowing red",
>         "sparkling white"/*,
>         "incandescent blue" */        <- un-comment this line and boom!
> };

14 objects(including the commented one)... I assume that they are
also defined in structs.h?  You wmay want to ensure that they all are
correctly defined in structs.h
Also you may want to try adding a "\n" as the last item in the list
Or you may want to try and add const to the beginning of the
declaration.  i.e.  const char *potion_names[]={

What it look like is someplace you are predefining how many potions
you have and something is going awry.  try bumping this up by 1 and
see if that works.. hope some of this makes sense
-Peace
Argus

http://www.argy.com
telnet: eclipse.argy.com 7777