Re: [IDEA] Mortals and Immortal help topics

From: Niese-Petersen (
Date: 09/28/96

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Haddixx wrote:

> I was looking through the do_help routine and noticed that there is nothing
> that prevents a mortal for looking up help on god commands.  I don't really
> like the idea of mortals typing HELP SNOOP or HELP BAN.  I would like to
> prevent mortals from being able to access the help topics for anything in the
> wizhelp.hlp file.  Has anyone implemented this?  The only way I can think
> to segregate the two help topics is through the use of two seperate commands
> but this seems really inefficient and cumbersome, esp for the gods who would
> have to use two different commands to search the help topics.  Anyone have
> any ideas on this?
Keyword level..

minimum level~
help message

Take a little coding, but works..  But I am in the near future going to
take a step futher. Help depending on level and class, so a warrior, can't
see what a clerics help, etc..

Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint The typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP [ 6666. Playertesting/Heavy modifying]