Re: [Circle] [Newbie] Log crashing errors.

From: Sigurdur R. Helgason (sigurdur@isp.his.se)
Date: 11/12/96

Both NT and win95 have the problem of not beeing able to redirect stderr
(only stdout).

So I had the same prob with the logs.
Fixed the problem by changing the log and mudlog in that way that they
wrote to stdout instead of stderr. I also changed all the perror("X") to
printf("X\n"); That way I can use a modified autorun (autorun.bat) and
run that file as a service on the NT (and all logs end up in the
syslog).

p.s. mailed the author to circlemud and he said that in next version
this would be fixed. Prob. with a cmdline param specifying the logfile
(no redirection needed).
	d.s.

Hope this helps ....
Feel free to mail questions to me about this but spare the list ...pls