[Circle] [Code]

From: Gabriel (ngray@fortnet.org)
Date: 11/30/96

Hi.

I just added racial languages to my stock mud.  I tried the code snippet
at the ftp site but I found that to be a little too messy for my tastes (no
flame intended at all =).  So I wrote my own one, and it works fine.  But
I'm running into a small problem with several associated skills with it.
I added appropriate skills for the languages (cause nobody starts out at
100% of any particular language) but I can't seem to assign them by race.
I've tried assigning them to each particular race by the SET_SKILL procedure,
but upon boot-up they aren't listed in the skills for any of the characers,
save for immortals.  Everything works fine for the immortals.

Anyone have any suggestions?

                Thanks,

                        Gabriel