[newbie?]

From: DragonMUD Admin (reddragon@greatbasin.com)
Date: 12/17/96

I have written a proc for a newbie zone guardian that prevents players
level 6 and over from entering the newbie zone.  I plan to use the  proc
in several different places in the mud, but I am coming across a
problem.  Initially, the proc worked beautifully.  The guard prevented
characters from traveling west into the newbie zone.  I changed the level
maximum to 7, which was the /only/ modification made to the code.  Now,
characters cannot only go west, they cannot go down into the temple
either.  In essence, they are trapped when they enter the room, because
the guard will not let them go any direction.  Any help on resolving this
issue (i.e. blocking chars from west only) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.