Re: <AdMiN> Charges, etc

From: AxL (axl@mindwarp.plymouth.edu)
Date: 01/13/97

> Is there any 'okay' way to ask players for money while still being
> legal? Money to pay for your site, to pay for a fast connection,
> stuff that players would want to have a better mud?
>
> What do you think about selling T-Shirts or other objs that are
> related to the mud, but what is payed goes to the site and whatnot?
> I think this is pretty legal, since the players wouldn't be paying
> for mudding, but something to have.. uh, something like that:P

	And excerpt from "license.doc" below, but I suggest re-reading
it in it's entirety...

Using CircleMUD legally is easy.  In short, the license requires three things:

1) You must not use CircleMUD to make money or be compensated in any way.
2) You must give the authors credit for their work.
3) You must comply with the DikuMUD license.

--
-axl @)-->---   "Beneath the stain of time, the feeling disappears.
 axl@mindwarp    You are someone else.  I am still right here." - NIN