Re: [help]

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/01/97

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, John S. Henson wrote:

> Here's Exatcly what you need to run a MUD from a WIN95 site. First you
> will need Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0. ALso you will need a 28.8 Modem and
> a decent TCP/IP CONNECTION. If your running with a local Internet
> service provder your set. Also If your not running WIN95 but the site
> you want to put the MUD on is you NEED to go to WIN95. NO YOU WILL NOT
> NEED LINUX, NO YOU WILL NOT NEED GCC. You can get Microsoft Visual C++
> 4.0 From any Software dealer. Once you have that And Circle 3.0 then you
> will need to follow the Instrucions Included in the CircleMUD Docs. If
> you need anymore Help you can E-mail me or THe Mailing list here and
> someone will answer your questions.

NO YOU DO NOT NEED MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 4.0.  You can compile fine with
the port of gcc to Win95.  Don't know where to get it or much about it,
but someone put a doc on the ftp site regarding just how to compile using
this port.  (and since gcc is free and not made by Microsoft...it's
better :))

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com