Re: RE: Backstab.

From: Ryan Linn (rlinn@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 02/06/97

> a wait state will NOT STOP a good player.  let them get a few levels
> normally...set your wimpy to 50% (max) and go backstab a mob, the first
> attack of that mob, will cause you to flee, NO MATTER THE COMBAT DELAY!
> the delay will kick in AFTER you flee, so this isnt the answer.
Well, if you are giving a midbie to a highbe wimpy then there is
something wrong with that.  Once the person is no longer a newbie (you
decide that level) they should be experienced enough not to have to use
wimpy unless they are working around the system.  I gave level
restriction to this on my system, and I haven't had any complaints.  This
method of hitting and running can apply to everything... if you set your
wimpy at 90% can be used with any skill/spell, and in my opinion is a bug.

> If you dont think the aware bit should be setworks, make a new flag
> SEMI_AWARE and give the mob a % chance per level difference or something,
> or just modify thenormal aware flag to do this, that will give high level
> thieves the ability to knock out lower level mobs (like they probably
> should be able to) and give lower level punk thieves a smack in the face
> when the higher level mobs notice them.
This will not stop the problem of backstabing and fleeing, it will stop
the initial backstab, and possibly all attempts there after.  Plus, if
you used the aware flag, you would have to set it after initial backstab,
and if anyone else came along after you tried to kill it then that person
wouldn't be able to backstab it either, no matter how high level or
whatever.  If you used the AWARE or SEMI_AWARE flags for a mob, and you
wanted them set at the start, then you would have to flag every mob that
you didn't want to be re-backstabable, and if you want your entire mud
that way it would be a pain.  But... that's just my $.02.

Apollo