Re: My Ideas

From: AxL (axl@mindwarp.plymouth.edu)
Date: 02/18/97

> > o Buring Drow if they are out in the sun.
>
> Hm, on this note, (and not that anyone cares all that much), according
> to TSR, you can't make mention of "Drow elves" as they are apparently a
> trademark. I believe TSR has a homepage with this legal b.s. on it. I
> don't agree with what they're trying to do, though (like a bunch of
> non-profit muds is going to hurt their sales--more than likely, a few
> people will buy AD&D because they've seen references on muds).

	Ugh.  Probably off-topic, but it could apply to anyone who has
coded specific DnD things like that.  I used to be a regular on the
rec.games.frp.dnd a few years back, and at the time TSR went postal
trying to shutdown all the FTP sites that contained ANY reference to it's
products....even the works that were done by regular people and were
completely original, but could be used in a DnD setting.
	I wouldn't be suprised if they went after the mud scene next.
--
-axl @)-->---   "Beneath the stain of time, the feeling disappears.
 axl@mindwarp    You are someone else.  I am still right here." - NIN