Re: [Info] [olc]

From: JTRhone (ujtr@lady.cs.sunyit.edu)
Date: 02/25/97

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Shapeshifter wrote:
>         Surprised that someone has not created an OLC for spells and
> skills yet. They seem to have one for almost everything these days...

Don't assume it hasn't been done if it's not on the snippets page...
*evil grin*  I've had a completely OLCable class for some time now, as far
as spells go.  Damage/battle spells as well as affectual spells can be
created on the fly...
Heh, I think the only thing I don't have OLCable yet is actual code.
Mobs, objs, rooms, zones, weather (zone specific), shops, warlocks
(mentioned above), socials, help files, roamobprocs, yer average text file
(policy, imotd, etc), and some other little things like house editting and
building and mud finger info which morts can do.  Point being, once you
get a good OLC base in place and you become comfortable with it, there is
not much that can't be made OLCable.

BTW, I think Sam mentioned something about having a dynamic spell type
which loads off a file on bootup.  Bingo :)  Once it's on file in some
format, making it OLCable is just the next step.

jtrhone aka vall RoA