[CODE] info

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 07/12/97

heh, I just wrote a Mud to System pager.

It took me awhile to get it working right, with the
fact that you can't  WRITE from a mud (no tty)
so i had to copy the paging info (write it?)
into a file (using echo mind ya) and then
system("cat filename > /dev/ttyxx");

heh... took me awhile, and i doubt this would work on Win32 systems,
although it could be setup to do so.

I've gotten the look i want down, and after i get a few final adjustments
made, I'll have it finished (i'm sleepy right now, and going to bed and all)

anyway, i guess what i'm asking is this, has anyone ever
created a  Mud To System pager?

It took me about 2 hours to write it (1.5 hours being used up
  trying to figure out HOW to get write to fake a TTY)

just wondering if anyone found an easier way to do it? and if so,
if they have a Windows Port??

anyway, this is me, signing off

Akuma the Raging Coder

PS -- Have a good nap! :-P
  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |