Re: [bug][code]Ascii playerfile not writing to plr_index

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 07/21/97

On Monday, July 21, 1997 1:04 PM, Ryan Guthrie
[SMTP:guthrie@HENGE1.HENGE.COM] wrote:
> Well the title explains my problem.  The file is
> created(lib/pfiles/<letter>/<name> but it doesn't look in there if they
> exist when it check that in interpreter.c.  The format for plr_index is
> GET_NAME(ch)   GET_IDNUM(ch)
> So i looked for that in the code and failed to find it.  The only thing i
> did find that might be it was :
<snipo>

> everyone...Anyone ever have something similar like this happen to them?
> If not please give suggestions.

Why use a file to handle the player indexes? Seems better to just read
the pfiles on bootup and then add new players to the index when they
are created. Solves the entire problem. Though, as I don't use the patch
for ascii pfiles, I can't speak to dependencies that would break...

--Mallory
"Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about
shrapnel addressed to 'occupant.'" --Murphy