Re: Special Characters

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 07/29/97

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Gerhard poul wrote:

> Some mudders are using special characters which are specials in VT100 or
> so. Then the other players which are not having a terminal that
> understands this , they don't see anything :((
>
> Can I protect my mud against this (I think in the Input function) but
> where is this function??

The easiest fix would be to remove the trouble-makers. Warn them that
they are in violation of policy, and if they continue, delete the
character(s). If they still continue, site-ban them.

Yes, I do code so that the MUD will sprout as few abusable bugs as
possible, but I will not waste dozens of hours coding on something to
prevent annoying, pre-teen, imbiciles from causing havoc. I will,
instead, remove the imbiciles.

Then again... you're probably a nicer guy than I am. :)

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!