Re: [bug] the known load mob thing

From: Chris Proctor (cjp@YOYO.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU)
Date: 07/29/97

> Change the effect of that arg to only limit the max # in a room.
> Add a new mob stat, that is, the max that can load.
> For objects, you COULD make a stat that is the max number, but it would
> only complicate things in the reset_zone function, as you would have to
> change the O, G, and E functions, and I think they are mostly part of the
> same three arg function.., along with M, so just mobs need be effected.

The problem here is that mobs (by default) wander around, and if it's a
relatively big zone, with (initially) only a few mobs, you'll have lots
of mobs where they shouldn't be after a few zone resets.
This is assuming you're only checking the room in which they repop for
the max, which is what you seem to be saying.

If you structure your zone file properly it isn't a huge problem anyway,
especially with wandering mobs.

With sentinels it would be handy, but I don't personally think it's worth
coding it in just for them.

      "A double-edged sword lets you cut down
      your enemies with the backswing as well."
             -- Gerrard of the Weatherlight