Re: [RFC] dynamically assigned spec procs

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/06/97

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM wrote:

>     I was just mulling over in my head a way for builders to add a spec to
>     a mob without me having to add a spec_assign.  essentially, have the
>     assigns happen on the fly using and ESPEC parameter in the
>     mob/obj/world file. (would have to add espec code to the last two, but
>     hey, they need it)  I think it could be dynamic by doing something
>     like how interpreter.c does the command pointers:

>     case 'S':
>     command=get_the_spec();
>     ASSIGNMOB(mob_num,command);
>     break;
>
>     I was trying to figure out how to allow builder to assign multiple
>     specs to one mob using the present system, but that will probably take
>     flags or a couple of different spec pointers,  like a fighting spec,
>     and a non fighting spec.  right now the only way to do it is how the

You can't have two currently, just make the spec_proc pointer an array and
make sure to check both in mobact.c and elsewhhere.  I have the framework
down for something like this also, except I used 'P' for Procedure.

>     archipelego code handles moods and citizens,  the SPEC(citizen) calls
>     the mood code.  Any comments, questions?  (please direct flames to
>     root@localhost)

Citizens are cool when they call for guards help. :)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard