Re: [mob index problem]

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/08/97

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Gary Barnett wrote:

>Here's a little snippet to mitigate some of the data loss from an olc crash.
>
>Just put this, or a varient of it, in the xxxxx_save_to_disk for each olc
>save routine. Then, when you get a crash just copy xx.wld.bak to xx.wld to
>restore it as of the last successful save.

[code snip]

Already planned for OasisOLC 1.5 (my mud has done it for over a year, after
it started eating world files).

Except I'm doing it a slightly different way.  I'm going to write the new
world to a temporary file.  That way if the MUD crashes in the meantime,
the old one is still there.  Then when the write is complete it'll rename
it.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard