Re: INFO - memory leaks

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/13/97

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Desmond Daignault wrote:

>I have checked them out, but they are a bit pricy for me. If memory serves
>me correct, a single user license for their complete package running on
>Linux was $5500, while just the memory leak part was quoted to me for
>$1500

For that amount of money I would adapt my buffer handling code to act as a
supplementary malloc() and track down the leaks in CircleMUD that way.
Change the CREATE() macro, make a FREE() macro, and go to town.  You could
track who allocated what, where, and how much.

Sounds like a good idea actually. I need to stop having those, it just
gives me more things to do.

So who wants to be the first to pay me $1,500 for it? ;)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard