Re: Object Affect Flags

From: Desmond Daignault (tekdd@DTOL.DATATIMES.COM)
Date: 08/15/97

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Crimson Wizard wrote:

=>Going from an idea on the snippet site, I added in a few things....
=>
=>First i made appropriate changes to structs.h, oedit.c, db.c, and olc.h to
=>recognize the new obj_affs field i was adding in, I successfully added the
=>editing part into OLC, i can get it to save, I can get it to load back
=>into the mud, and OLC knows what the flags set are... but the problem is
=>this.. as that snippet is REALLY vague i've done everything i know how to
=>do and more at this point... i'm actually quite satisfied that i was even
=>able to change oedit.c to edit the values (heh!) but when you wear the
=>items it's not putting the flags on the character *shrug*... anyways the
=>bottom line is that I'd like to talk to someone who has done this before
=>me and see if I'm missing anything else.
=>

you will need to modify the code in handler.c (affect_modify) probably
what you will have to do is change the function header to pass it the 2nd
aff bitvector (if this is what you are doing.)  If you are just adding
more AFF_ flags, just add the case statements to reflect the new flags.

--

Dez.

void signature () {
  printf ("Praise not the day until evening has come; a woman\n"
          "until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until\n"
          "she is married; ice until it has been  crossed; beer until it\n"
          "has been drunk.   -- Viking Proverb\n");
}