Re: [Legal -again-] Contributions

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> I just have to ask this.. What if someone comes on your MUD, gets to know
> you, and you start dying of cancer, could they donate money to a charity
> or something? It is after all because of your CircleMUD, but it isn't
> monetary gain, and it has nothing to do with your mud besides thats how
> the person knows you.. ???? Da' Confused One X----X

You're asking if an organization that probably has never seen the
circlemud license (let alone agreed to it) is bound by it?

Doh!

Sam

p.s.  According to the license, I think it'd be illegal to provide any
information on donations to the charity on your mud since that part of the
license doesn't exclude donations to a third part..