MobProgs edit_number2 and Buffer patch

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/19/97

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

> Where the hell did the 'edit_number2' came into the descriptor_data
>structure? *blink* *blink* Can somebody clear up the things for me a
>little bit? :))

Desmond has informed me it was a temporary variable.  I'm assuming you can
just delete it.  I did not add it to the descriptor struct when I
integrated the patch into Oasis.

On another note, CircleMUD compiles fine under AIX 3.2.  It gives three
warnings from olc.c (because size_t is a long there) but otherwise runs ok.

I've also fixed every function in my buffer patch so that they release
their buffers.  Any messages about 'forgot to release' should be marked as
bugs.  I've already found two instances of that and it was sooo easy to
track down since I knew exactly where they were allocated. :)  I also fixed
a fairly critical bug in release_my_buffers() where it didn't check to see
if a buffer was used.  (Evil because if it isn't used, the function name
pointer is null.)  And with 20k worth of buffers I can boot CircleMUD and
play around a bit without running out of buffers and creating a new one.
Currently I'm going around adding 'can't happen' checks into the code and
seeing what I can speed up a little.  I'll create a new version on my
patches page when I'm done, look for v1.2.

 --
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard