Aging

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/27/97

Greetings,

I'm working on a command that will give the player some temorary benefits
(to-hit, to-dam, haste, etc..) but it will age them 5 years.

I've dug and dug through the code and the man pages, but have just come
out more confused than when I started. I guess I'm not clear on what to
do to age the character....

I found the following in structs.h:
struct char_player_data {
/* SNIP */
   struct time_data time;  /* PC's AGE in days                 */
/* SNIP */
}

With this info, I would assume that the following would age the player 5
DAYS:
ch->player.time += 5;

From that assumption, I would say that the following would would age the
player 5 years. :
/* 35 days * 17 months = 1 year = 595 days */
/* 5 * 595 = 2975 days = 5 years */
ch->player.time += 2975;

Am I right in this logic, or not? I think that I am, but I have the gut
feeling that if I used that code, then I would definately screw things up.

Thanks for your time,

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!