Re: Newbie questions.

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/08/97

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

-+        Can anyone offer a quick solution to the bug in the stock circle code,
-+where the first entry of a name upon the client connecting, invariably fails?

No such bug has ever been reported by anyone or seen by me.  Could
you perhaps give a little more info (what platform you're running on
[computer, OS, compiler, etc.], have you changed any of the code
[specifically in that area], etc.)

-+        Just to let you all know, I've chosen circle mainly for it's
-+'stockness', and the promise of an update, 'comming soon'.

I don't ever recall 'coming soon' being the actual response.  It
might have been said, but really, it should be interpreted as,
"Whenever Jeremy is not too busy, and in a good mood, with enough
time to do some work on Circle."  The problem is, real life is
very intrusive...:P

-+        If someone could give me an update on the status of the next version
-+of Circle I'd appreciate it.  The, 'comming soon', was back in 1996 aparantly.

Generally: "When it's done."  Not so generally: Jeremy has been very
busy for the longest time.  He had a little time a few weeks ago,
though I wouldn't doubt that is all but non-existant any more.  Circle
will come along and get released whenever Jeremy has time to do it, but
he shouldn't have to (and hopefully won't) *make* time for Circle; a
real life is a splendid thing.  I know, I have one...<gasp> :)

-+root@localhost <-I don't eat spam.

What's wrong with meat byproducts?

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]