Re: Spells and manacost

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 09/10/97

> benefit. Personally I think this is wrong. In DikuMUD you got the lower
> mana-cost as a result of not getting any mana-points each time you
> leveled. You do however get the extra mana each level in CircleMUD, and
> thus I am set to beleave, that this is a MS like 'feature' :)

        Not that i'm a big mudder, but all the dikumuds that I played,
there was always a way to up your mana. Usually you paid for it to be
"trained" up - like 200gp/mana point.  Usually from the same person who
trained up your stats.  I can't remember a MUD that uses mana where the
mana was set at "birth".

        In anycase, its realistic, if you use levels as an indication of
spell-casting experience.  I'd say its a RP like 'feature' :)
                                                PjD