Re: command line and menus

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 09/16/97

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Davies, Nathan wrote:

> Why would you convert it to a command line interface.  I would say that
> was one of the biggest determining factors between choosing Oasis and
> Obuild.  People on my mud LOVE the menu's...

As you said, it's the biggest determining factor.  Tho fewer people use
obuild, the ones who do choose it for the command line interface.  Quite a
few people LOVE a command line interface (me especially).

What George and I are both doing is combining the two interfaces (as
seperate projects) for the best of both worlds.  Newbie builders and those
who don't want to learn the commands can use the menu interface, command-line
junkies like myself can use the commands, and everyone else can mix the
two to get a combination of simplicity and speed.

If you don't want the extra power, you can always stick with an old copy
of Oasis :)

Sam