Re: [Code] Spellbooks

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 09/24/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Nate Kragness wrote:

> I wanted to do a spell book, so that you hold it, and it adds a few new
> spells that you can cast.  Well, it sounded pretty simple...but I'm not
> sure were to even start!  I glanced around in the code for a while,
> couldn't find anything...

Sounds like a multiple use scroll to me. Check out the scroll code, add
in another Vx, and make V4 the number of charges on the scroll. There are
probably other ways of doing it, but that's what I might do.

Another way would be to make ITEM_SPELLBOOK, and have it holdable just
like wands are. When you 'use spellbook target', it 'fires off' the first
spell in the book. What determines the spells would be just like in
scrolls: V0 = level, V1, V2, and V3 would be the number of the spell.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.