[CODE] saving rooms

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 09/26/97

I got the roomsave.txt off the snippets site put it into my code and it
compiled fine.  then I ran my MUD and it crashed everytime it tried to save
a room.  The only room I have that needs to be saved is the donation room.
So i put an object in the donation room and try to get it to save the room
and it crashes.  Here is the offending lines, but I don't know why they are
causing the crash.  It says there was an invalid page fault.  This error has
occured on win95 and I could use some help finding out why.
Here is where I *THINK* the problem is (its what crashes the MUD):

   for(i=0;i <= top_of_world; i++) {
    if(IS_SET(ROOM_FLAGS(i), ROOM_SAVE))
     save_saved(i);
   }

I also think the problem might be in save_saved

void save_saved(int i)
{
  char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];
  FILE *fll;

  if (i == -1)
    return;

   sprintf(buf, "save/%d.save", i);
   fopen(buf, "wb");
   fclose(fll);

   fll = fopen(buf, "wb");
   save_save(world[i].contents, fll);

  fclose(fll);
  save_restore_weight(world[i].contents);

}

I don't see why any of this would be causing the mud to crash, but I could
be missing something that someone else can point out.  Or maybe its one of
those wonderful Windows95 "features" I've heard so much about...