Re: An uncommon problem...

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@NETREACH.NET)
Date: 09/29/97

>On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:
>
>> the first place.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
>> I've always thought that the idea was to have a game where the
>> character takes part in the world, not where the player
>> outsmarts and overcomes additions to the game.
>>
>> Did no-one catch this, or does everyone disagree?

        Well as far as players eventually catching onto a particular
language, isn't this the way it works in the real world?  Seems for most
non-oriental languages at least, hang around long enough and you start to
pick up a word here and there.

        But as far as putting it into a mud, as it's been mentioned before
it's quite easy to defeat.  Comm via titles, emote or even an irc session
running in the background.  So besides being a novelty, not too much use.

-jac "My vote for the 3 ugliest chunks of code...
         -fight.c
         -act.comm.c
         -act.objsave.c"

betterbox.gameon.net 4000