Re: An uncommon problem... from "Justin" at Sep 29, 97 12:51:36 pm

From: Shadowdancer (sg618lo@UNIDUI.UNI-DUISBURG.DE)
Date: 09/29/97

> On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Shadowdancer wrote:
> > stuff, and his language becomes scrambled. Now, the player that complained
> > is an autist (I'm no psychology expert, but the movie "Rainman" should give
> > a good idea). Everytime drunkscrambling appeared, the player tried to figure
> > out it's meaning, but couldn't. The player got a severe headache, and
> > thoughts were circling around the words that couldn't be deceiphered.
>
> I'm no psychologist either, but an autistic person complained about not
> being able to figure it out?  I don't think so.  I s/he was autistic enuf
> to be confused into "chasing their tail" about the meanings, than the
> person would probably be too autistic enuf to realize the problem and
> complain.  I may be wrong on that, easily, but that's what I'm thinking.
> I think you got bullshitted by a lazy player.

This might be so, but even if there is only the slightest, maybe even
atomic, possibility, that those claims could be correct (and there is
no way for me to testify that) I take it as my duty to implement the
"Anti-Scrambling"-Affection.

I don't want such players to be left out, as I stated in a previous
post. And before I piss off such a player (who knows how they feel
if they do not get accepted?) I rather do 3 hours of coding.

> Please do correct me if I'm wrong on the autistic stuff.
>
> Salvatore

Regards,

Chris

| Christian Loth                      | Meet me as the Shadowdancer in the   |
| Shadowdancer@unidui.uni-duisburg.de | REALM OF MAGIC                       |
| http://www.geocities.com/Area51/    | telnet realm.zfn.uni-bremen.de 4000  |
|        Cavern/4593                  | http://realm.zfn.uni-bremen.de/      |
|               "The road goes ever on and on!" - Bilbo Baggins              |