Re: GET_ADD & Redoing stats..

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 10/09/97

>I have been putting in a new stat system based on 1 - 100 instead of the
>1 - 18 system stock Circle currently has.  I ran into a slight problem
>because of the GET_ADD functions where it determines how much strength
>a charcater has.  Can someone explain the GET_ADD function and the theory
>behind it.

It's another D&D hack, basically it's more strength for warriors, above and
beyond the limit of 18 on other classes.  I think the code treats each 10
STR_ADD as an additional strength point, ie 18/30 ~= 21.  However, in D&D, there
is also a provision for certain monsters and/or dieties to go above 18, and I
think those numbers are treated as starting after 18/100, but I'm not sure on
that one...

Ron