Re: [ Idea ] Smarter mobs...

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 10/17/97

On 10/18/97 6:53 AM, David Klasinc
(bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI) stated:

>Banzai!
>
> Was anyone working on the mob intelligence? I mean somethign more than
>mobprogs and that it wouldn't be spec?

MOBProgs >are< quite powerful, and allow for customization of
intelligence.

>The easy one would be with the spells, so that cleric/mage mobs will
>protect themselves. Then there would be many 'considers' for the mobs. For

With mobprogs and modification to allow mobs to cast spells, this is
easily done.

>I wonder why mobs don't have their resting rooms (like players have on
>some muds), why  mobs don't group, why mobs don't summon their friends
>when they are in troubles, why mobs don't call for backups and stuff?

My builders have built mob groups, mobs that call for help (and actually
call currently existing mobs to come and help), and more.  All using MOB
Progs.

>Ok, there are tons of tons of stuff that would make mobs smarter, but I
>think that we can make mobs look smarter with many little things.. :)
Like MOBProgs?  :-)

- Chris Jacobson