Re: Circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 12 suggestions

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 10/30/97

>int make_skill_roll(int skill, int modifier) {

        And while I'm at it, I think it would be useful if
mag_savingthrow were changed to accept a modifier in the
stock code too (I've done it for my mud, but seems useful
enough to implement in general), so:
mag_savingthrow(struct char_data *ch, int type, int mod);

        This way you can, for example, simulate poisons of
different strengths - home-brewed poison from plants might
be a +1 to save, but cyanide is -4 save.
mag_savingthrow(ch, SAVING_PARA, 1);
mag_savingthrow(ch, SAVING_PARA, -4);

        Any spell with a saving throw can have modifiers to
the save - a plain old fireball might be a regular save
(0 modifier), but the Fireball From Hell (tm) might have
a -10 to save.
(I added in another local variable to mag_damage(), which
gets set in the switch statement to whatever I want the
modifier to be for each given spell, than pass that
variable to my modified mag_savingthrow.)