Re: Circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 12 suggestions

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 10/30/97

>        I would also propse a new function to use in any and
>all skills, something like:
>        While this isn't anything particularly earth-shaking,
>it would make the do_<skill> code easier to read (imo),
>and also allows the imp to universally change how skills
>are rolled against without having to change every
>individual skill.

I have done that already for several reasons: Outside influences can
affect the chances on ANY skill roll (say a field of fumbling, you get
the idea) and to allow for easier introduction of 'luck' factors.  I
agree through, it should be changed.  In fact, a lot of the functions
should be conglomerated together.  For example, gecho, echo and qecho
should be made one command, it just sends it to the appropriate group
depending on the subcmd.  That sort of thing will make the actual code
smaller, and a little more efficient, would it not?

>        And while I'm at it, I think it would be useful if
>mag_savingthrow were changed to accept a modifier in the
>stock code too (I've done it for my mud, but seems useful
>enough to implement in general), so:
>mag_savingthrow(struct char_data *ch, int type, int mod);

Agreed.  The ability to do that would be MOST welcome.

Also, while I'm at it, how about making all the factors that influence
the damage of something (like sanctuary, and such) be placed in a
separate function.  You send the damage, the char structs and maybe the
weapon type, and it does that.