Re: apologies and more

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/02/97

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Tom Whiting wrote:

> Now, I've got a question.. Has anyone tried editing the who list to add
> the races as well as the classes on there, and how hard was it to do??
> I've taken a look at the files, and myself, I don't think it would be
> too hard to do.. but that's just my thought.. any one else??

It was simple from the way that I set things up. I basically grepped for
class (case insensitive) in *.c and *.h, and (almost) everywhere class
showed up, I added similar race reference as well. My main system is down
because of a move, so I don't have access to the code at the moment, but
in do_who() where there is a reference to something like:
pc_class[GET_CLASS(ch)]

I added in:
pc_race[GET_RACE(ch)]

I don't remember if it was called pc_class in stock code. I added in mob
races and classes, so I changed(?) that constants name to pc_class to
differentiate the two.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.