Re: world file deleting

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/02/97

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Blake Sanderson wrote:

>         Your replys explain how to delete the zones but what about the
> guild refrences in class.c which refer to deleted zones.  Do I just delete
> them from the class file?

If you removed a zone from the lib/world/* directories, I would bet my
favorite penny that you would want to remove ALL references to the zone
that has just been nuked, both in the code and otherwise.

>         Also does anyone have a idea or patch to debugging the oasisolc.
> It seems that the olc is causing my mud to crash because commands are
> miscomunicated by the olc to the mud.  When the mud reboots it calls apon
> rooms, special flags, mobs and objects that don't exsist and cause errors
> loged in the syslog and .crash!

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, but I think that you're
talking about spec_procs, and those have nothing to do with the OLC at
all. This was covered in another message, but you need to remove all
ASSIGN_*() statements that refer to the zone that was removed.

>         If anyone would be willing to script a new olc to suit our muds
> needs please reply to me at dragoon@dircon.co.uk.

Ick. Why write an OLC from scratch when there's Oasis. Yeah, yeah... I
supposed some sick puppy out there might want to write one just to say
that he can. :)  Hell... Maybe I'm that sick puppy, but don't know it
yet. Sounds like something that I might do.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.