Re: Hacker MUDSTEALER ALERT

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 11/03/97

Michael Graziano writes:
>Well, I found that in the history thingy, but same thing, yes the name came
>from the (now defunct as far as I can see...) machine name, circle.cs.jhu.edu

It's funny, circle.cs.jhu.edu was an old DECstation 3100 for a long
time (Circle's original development platform), until it was turned
into a lowly X server that did none of its own computation, until it
finally just died.  However it might still be "alive", because a
Hopkins MUD admin wrote to me a while back asking if I would be
terribly offended if he were to run his CircleMUD on
circle.cs.jhu.edu, for old time's sake.  I think his plan was to find
a new machine and give it the old name.  I don't know if he ever did
or not.

-j